Reefer Congestion Surcharge announcement
Please find below Reefer Congestion Surcharge (RSR) on HMM services with effect from reefer shipped on board From 3rd April 2020 until further notice applicable for all Reefer container types. 20' ALL RF TYPES 40' ALL RF TYPES / Peak Season Surcharge if applicable, etc. Yours Faithfully, COMMODITY Reefer Congestion Surcharge (RSR)
We would like to provide an update on the Reefer operation in Manila Philippines. All carriers including HMM are facing limited or no access to the Reefer plugs at Manila terminals as the cargo pick up activity is still very slow. Terminals are overwhelmed and they are being operated exceeding their capacity.
HMM sincerely intends to help resolve the issues but, inevitably, we have to urge all our Reefer customers to avoid those congested ports and try to find alternative market until we see fluid operation out there. For in-transit cargos, HMM will arrange change of destination for customers who wish to do so.
HMM will continue to work with customers who are willing to ship Reefer containers to Manila, but please keep in mind below conditions are to be agreed to for all the customers to proceed with the booking with HMM.
- Origin: All European Areas
- Destination: All Philippine Destinations
- Commodity: All Reefer Commodities
- Reefer Congestion Surcharge per 20' = USD 1200 per Container
- Reefer Congestion Surcharge per 40' = USD 1200 per Container
- Please also confer with HMM’s cancellation policy (applicable at the time of booking)
- Effective date: 3rd April 2020 based on shipped on board date until further notice.